If these holidays you chose to go camping, a key element is the sleeping bag, choice that should not be left to chance, since each model features technical specifications that adapt to different types of weather and.
At the time of choosing one of these elements, it is essential to know with weather conditions we will find in our destination.
Another important aspect at the moment to use a sleeping bag is to insulate the soil with a layer of clothes and a pad or mattress.
If you have any questions, before making any purchase, check out the following tips that delivers the lightweight compact:
- Temperature ranges: it is advisable to choose a sleeping bag with a temperature range lower than the lowest temperature expected to be found at the place of destination. For example, if this have temperatures close to 0° C, is recommended to choose a bag of – 6° C instead of one of + 1 ° C. If the temperature remains higher than expected, it is easier to ventilate the bag for increased air circulation.
- Weight: the weight of the bag is also important, whereas if you need to make camping or go to the mountains.
- Heat loss: in the case of Coleman sleeping bags, these have Thermolock technology system that reduces the heat loss that is inside the bag through the closing.
- categories of bags: sleeping bags are usually thus categorized.
- Form: SAC affects directly how comfortable is to sleep and if you can pack to a smaller size or not. There are two main ways in sleeping bags:
- Special sizes: for those who need even more space to sleep there are size XL that are longer and widths. There are also sleeping bags designed especially for women that fit perfect with the body of them. They are more narrow in the shoulders, wider in the hips and have more insulation in the upper part of the body and feet. Children can also count on a suitable to their size sleeping bag.
- Filling: may come with natural or synthetic fill. The natural filling deliver greater insulation but many heavier. Synthetics instead are mainly made of polyester and offer advantages such as easy drying, insulation of the cold even if wet, are more economical than one goose, are hypoallergenic and resistant children and dogs.
- Other considerations: is also important to consider the following points that will deliver a more durable bag, best quality and comfort.
- 1 summer station: + 4 / + 5° and more
- 2 seasons: 0 °
- 3 stations: 0° to – 5° C
- 4 seasons winter: – 10 ° and less
- Type Mummy: are so named because the user can be accommodated as a mummy inside the bag. They are designed to save weight and maximize heat retention. They are wider above on the shoulders and narrow in the feet, and have a Hood that covers the entire head and neck. This kind of bags keep the heat of the body inside the bag since they have less space to heat. They are ideal for outings in cold temperatures or simply holed people.
- Rectangular: are the models most common, granting greater freedom of movement than sleeping mummies type bags and conventional. They provide greater comfort in any climate or weather condition. The majority of these sacs can also open and used as a marker. There are some also who have an extension on the side of the head to keep it covered or more comfortable.
- Closing: having ZIPPLOW™ technology that makes fabric not bind by sliding the latch.
- Storage: has the Roll Control™ technology which gives a rolling easy and fast, achieving always entering the bag.