If last week we saw how Google launched Android factory images 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi from 2013 and for the Nexus 10 now this week we see as it begins to get the Update OTA for the seven-inch tablet.
The Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2013) they have already begun to receive Android 5.0.2 via OTA in a staggered fashion to correct more errors detected in Lollipop, although not all known errors. Who does not want to wait because you can manually update the tablet. Android 5.0.2 update is available for Wi-Fi for 2012 and 2013 models. Versions of connectivity 3G (2012) and LTE (2013) are still with Android 4.4.4 (KitKat).
Manually install the update OTA
- Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2012): Update to Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G) from 5.0 Android (LRX21P)
- Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2013): Update to Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G) Android 5.0.1 (LRX21C)
To manually update need to have installed the SDK for Android and our Android device drivers and the following steps:
- Download the file us appropriate update our device and current version.
- Save the zip file in the folder Platform-tools the Android SDK.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power for entering the bootloader.
- Entering the Recovery mode with the help of the volume keys to change option and the Power button to access.
- When an icon with an exclamation mark appears press Volume up + Power At the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Writing instruction from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer ADB sideload next to the name of the update. For example:
ADB sideload a6645eee89af34f58db74f6a1ad93fe400fcfc7b.signed-nakasi-LRX22G-from-LRX21P.a6645eee.zip
Once installed the update just have to restart the device. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data since it is what I would do the OTA automatically.