Chickenpox in children is an infectious disease, highly contagious illnesses, diseases and widespread. During the summer, the sea, the beach and the open spaces are sources of contagion. Here are the symptoms, care, directions and photos to recognize it and treat it as laid out by our pediatrician.
Chickenpox is caused by a virus which is also responsible for a disease which is called Herpes zoster, popularly known as the “St. Anthony’s fire”.
- It’s aparticularly contagious disease.
- 2 weeks
Symptoms and fever
- The beginning is vague in that it can be there or not be there the fever, which anyway is almost never high. The child accuses a general malaise and loss of appetite. Other times it seems perfectly normal and the appearance of the rash becomes an accidental discovery.
- The rash of chickenpox(Photo) is so characteristic that cannot be confused with other diseases reporting form (finally!). Affects the whole body from your hair to your toes, appearing
- on the face (not much)
- on the trunk (a lot)
- the limbs (not much) and even
- inside the mouth, nose, throat, into your ear and genitals
Characteristic lesions are vesicles
They start out as small red spots and found that within a matter of hours become vesicles thatcontain or a clear liquid (called “dew drops“) or a milky liquid (called “a drop of wax“).
The vesicles become scabs within a day or two. The crusts are the sign of their healing and fall spontaneously. The fall leaves crusts usually a clear sign in the skin that lasts a few days or a few weeks (you can make diagnosis of chickenpox at a distance a month).
Chickenpox children vaccinated or healed
One of the features of chickenpox is the appearance in successive waves of the rash for which at the same time you can find cute baby on the various types of injuries:
- the vesicles
- the scabs
This is poetically called “starry sky” and, in fact, the definition makes the idea.
The illness lasts about 10 days. The baby tolerates very well. It is generally difficult to force the child to bed. In this case it may very well around the House while avoiding sudden temperature changes. The only drawback may be the itch.
- Chickenpox is a benign disease.Typically the smaller the child, the lighter the chickenpox. Some pediatricians prescribe antiviral medicines. I doubt that often they do, rather than out of conviction, because driven by fear that mothers (who read left and right trade articles and perhaps concerned about the indispensability of these medications) judge them just updated.
- In healthy child I personally think that it is not necessary to use these medicines.Will your doctor to decide.
- If the itching is intense, however, is useful to apply the powder body antipruritic (menthol TALC) or resort todrugs antihistamines.
- Children sometimes need to put on gloves.This is because, scratching, can infect the blisters filled with pus and consequently slow to heal, leading to large scabs that leave the skin big signs that can last for many years.
- Useful is the administration of vitamins.
You can wash the baby when he still has the scabs?
The answer is yes!
We recommend in this case to practice your shower and do not rub or lathering vigorously the child’s body until the crusts are not all falls spontaneously.
Contagion: how long is it contagious?
The infectivity lasts from 2 days before to 6 days after the appearance of the first vesicles. When I left the scabs, the infectivity is over!
To date there is no routine vaccination in infancy.
For more information on the vaccination of children, please refer to the website our site.