A few days ago we saw how Google launched a new Lollipop-minor update under the version 5.0.2, publishing your code source and the image of factory for the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2012). As well, this update is already coming via OTA the first tablet from Google.
Android 5.0.2 Lollipop for the Nexus 7 (2012) It fixes some bugs and improves their performance so that the tablet works better. The update will come during the next few days to all its customers, but if they don’t want to wait you can manually update from Android 5.0.
Manually install the update OTA
- Nexus 7 Wi-Fi (2012): Update to Android 5.0.2 (LRX22G) from 5.0 Android (LRX21P)
To manually update need to have installed the SDK for Android and our Android device drivers and the following steps:
- Download the file us appropriate update our device and current version.
- Save the zip file in the folder Platform-tools the Android SDK.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power for entering the bootloader.
- Entering the Recovery mode with the help of the volume keys to change option and the Power button to access.
- When an icon with an exclamation mark appears press Volume up + Power At the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Writing instruction from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer ADB sideload next to the name of the update. For example:
ADB sideload a6645eee89af34f58db74f6a1ad93fe400fcfc7b.signed-nakasi-LRX22G-from-LRX21P.a6645eee.zip
Once installed the update just have to restart the device. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data since it is what I would do the OTA automatically.